Every vegan enthusiast must ever try to make a healthy chocolate bar at home. This Almond Butter Chocolate Bar is like one of the most amazing snacks I’ve ever tasted.
To make it less calorie, I didn’t use a lot of sugar at all. Though this doesn’t make a lot, so if you are making it in the blender, it may be a little difficult. You have to use a blender with a small jar size, or you could try doubling the recipe!
So I want to explain the “almond butter chunks”. It’s a little different from almond butter because it’s much thicker. I think it’s easier to get this consistency through a high-speed blender like Vitamix or Blendtec than a food processor. You just grind it until it’s very thick but is a paste, and spoon out about 1/4 cup of it.
In this version, I used carob powder, but I find that sometimes, carob tends to stick together, so I would advise you to use cacao if you don’t have any problems with it.
Depending on the bitterness of the cacao powder, you may like to try 1/2 teaspoon of maple syrup and if it’s not sweet enough, add another 1/2 teaspoon.
- ¼ cup almond butter chunks (grind a packet of roasted almonds/almond meal until it’s thick, like almond butter, but not so much that it’s runny)
- ½ cup instant oats
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cacao/carob powder
- ½ teaspoon pure maple syrup
- To make the almond butter chunks: You will need to grind up a packet of almonds (or almond meal) in a high speed blender or food processor until it’s released enough oils to be thick and chunky, but not runny like normal almond butter is.
- To make the crust: Add all the ingredients, including the almond butter chunks, instant oats, raisins, cinnamon and almond milk in a high speed blender. Blend until it’s soft and crumbly, and sticky at the same time.
- Take the crust out and press it down on a small baking tray.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, cacao/carob powder and maple syrup together. Mix until it’s smooth.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the crust and even it out.
- Put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden, then cut it in small pieces.